1. My three front teeth are only half real. I had a misfortunate Tarzan rope accident on my 14th birthday that resulted in me kissing a rock. 6 stitches, a black eye, an almost broken nose and some hefty dental work two weeks later and here I am. I’m actually kind of glad I had the accident because the scar on the inside of my lip evened out my smile.
2. I don’t really like being wet unless I’m in the shower or swimming or something like that where I’m supposed to be wet. It’s weird, I know. I just have issues with moisture, like wet clothes or sleeping on wet sheets. My husband has no problem with this and often tries to share his wet hands or shirt or self with me. I usually run away.
3. I LOVE the wind. I love standing in it, sitting in it, hearing it… It reminds me of God and that even though I may not be able to see him, he is there and he is powerful and active. I also love the feeling of the wind, just the fact that it can sweep over things. It makes me feel refreshed. Especially here where it can be the one thing that makes a horendously humid day bearable.
4. I have a hard time following written instructions. I guess I’m more of a learn by doing kind of person. Most often I can read instructions (I do generally start there), but it enters my head as, “Whah, whah, whah…” If there are pictures I can deal. I very rarely follow a recipe to the letter either, unless it’s baking a cake because they can be a bit temperamental. I kind of like to think of a recipe as a guideline, not a be all or end all. Maybe I have some serious control issues… :(
5. I enjoy watching “The Bachelor”. I’m a big enough person to admit it. You can judge me if you want to. I don’t care. I know it’s trash tv and I could be doing better things with my time, but I love to watch how people deal with situations that can be totally ridiculous, especially when they choose to put themselves in it. My favorite thing is seeing the crazy people found out and booted off the show. I guess I still like to see the good guy win. I also like to take personal wagers to see if my predictions are right. Like this time around, I’m going with Tessa. If I lose no biggie.
6. For the last few months before we got married and a few after I kept asking myself if I was/had made a mistake. Seriously, who picks up, moves to the third world, starts a relationship a month before, gets engaged 5 months into it and marries the guy before the year is up? I was feeling so overwhelmed with dealing with Haiti and figuring out life that I got hung up on so many things. Deep down though when I asked myself how important all the little things that were coming to mind were I realized that they weren’t that important at all and that even though I didn’t know the end result I was willing to try and that was all I could do. Today I see how right for each other Chris and I are and am so thankful that I took the plunge because I couldn’t imagine not being married to him. Sigh.
7. I’m pretty creative and am a self-proclaimed do-it-yourselfer. Going back to the not liking instructions things I often think of the end result of something that I would like to do/make and work backwards. I had a sewing teacher in high school that said she just loved to sit and watch me work because she could see the wheels turning and if she asked me what I was doing I couldn’t tell her, I just had to do it and show her when it was all done. I’m like that in my work too. I know what I need to get done and figure out how to get there. This often makes it hard for me to work with people because I don’t know what to tell them to do because I’m still figuring it out myself. My current DIY project is the couch. I’ve got it mostly taken apart, I have a pretty good idea what I want it to look like finished and where to get the stuff. Now I just need to finish taking it apart and figure out how much stuff I need and start rebuilding.
Mary P. Did hers. Check the Comment section.
Missy K. (soon to be R)
Krisit in Haiti (I don’t remember your last name!)
You can either post your 7 on your own blog and comment in mine so we know you played and where to find your answers, or just post your 7 in the comment section.