Hmmm. That still looks a bit…weird. It makes me think of my mother in law (Hi Mum!) ;)
- I am still here and alive and no one has robbed me.
- Chris, as far as I know, is also still alive and returning in TWO sleeps. Yes, I’m excited. The dog no longer thinks I’m entertaining so I need a fresh audience. And the novelty of being on my own wore off about two days ago.
- Haiti had it’s biggest cocaine bust in 10 years on Wednesday. I am only now reading about it. This is because I’m slow and don’t keep up with the news.
- Jan Filip, our new guardian, brought me a watermelon tonight. He’s worked here for about a month and a half. We really like him so far, and as you just learned, he’s a sweet and thoughtful man. We feel blessed.
- Chris is driving to Grand Rapids tomorrow to take the container stuff. So far I know that it’ll have a fridge, microwave, washer and maybe dryer, welder, water pump, an assortment of dishes/pots/pans/bake ware/tupperware, tools. I have no idea what else found it’s way into the packing and won’t until it arrives because Chris will only remember the boy things. I would bet money on it.
- Our dog has been acting strange. I’m not sure if she’s sick or just moping because Chris is away and I’m not. We’ve heard that she goes on hunger strikes when we’re not here. She’s been hobbling around here like an arthritic old woman. I know she sometimes has problems with her hips. It’s either that or she’s looking for attention.
And, probably the most exciting thing from the last 24 hours happened when I chased a mouse around the kitchen last night with Baygone. It’s meant for flying things and will make them drop from the air and start convulsing. I figured it had to have some effect on a mouse.