Okay, it’s warm today. Yesterday we were spoiled and it cooled off nicely in the afternoon. So much so that I was actually cold last night while sleeping. Yes, crazy I know.
So, the much anticipated horrendousness of Port was all for nothing. Okay, maybe a little bit. Chris and Jean, however did make a fair bit of progress and were home around 4 pm, much earlier than expected.
The best news is that they found a dealership that is going to sell us a truck. The funny part is that it isn’t the dealership that gave them the original quote two years ago – they tried to pull a hose job and Chris laughed at them. Actually, they said, “Yes, we’ll do a special price for you.” Chris and Jean left and Jean told Chris there was something fishy going on. That’s when they went to Safari Motors and asked how much they sell a new Daihatsu for and they said $21,900. Our grant is for $21,700. Chris asked them if they had a special deal for non-profits. The guy took $900 off the price right there on the spot. All of this happened without Chris ever showing him or making mention of a quote. HA! Take that Mr. I’m Gonna Hose You Daihatsu Dealer! Now we just have to wait a few weeks (?) for a truck to arrive and then the deal will be done. Whoop whoop!
In some not so exciting news, we found out that the much anticipated container still hasn’t shipped. It will, fingers crossed and many prayers later, be shipping next week. That means the earliest we’d see it’s contents would be the end of October. At the end of October we have a week of visitors, a week off, a week of visitors (first week of November) and then my parents arrive the same day we drop people off at the airport. Yes, we totally have time for a container content arrival. Okay, I’ll be positive… YAY! The container will eventually be shipping! How’s that? ;) It’s actually really frustrating because there are some really important things on there, like our new welder and a bunch of tubes for the filters. Without the welder we can’t make any new molds and we desperately need to, not just for ourselves, but also for several other projects that are in need. We can’t find the tubes anywhere right now which means we can’t make filters until we get more. We also sell the prepared tubes to every other filter project in the country. So far we’ve had to turn several people away which means that everyones projects might come to a stand still. That’s not good. Pray about that if you can please.
I was taking a look at our adoption paperwork this morning. I’m feeling positive about it. We’ve gotten a bunch of stuff taken care of already and some good information from another couple that are in the same situation that we are, but way into the process. As hard as it is for them to be ground breakers of sorts, we appreciate that they’re sharing their experience with us so we can try to eliminate some of the hurdles if possible. They’re doing exactly what we want to do – Canadians living abroad that are adopting a Haitian child as the start of their family. They’re about the same age as us as well.
That’s all the news I have for you. I’m going to head into Montrouis to do a few errands and visit some friends that just got back yesterday. It’s always a nice feeling when the people we know are around. It makes me feel less isolated.
Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.