I was tagged by Kim over at The Tacheny Adventure. See, I didn’t forget. I just needed some time!
Jobs I’ve Had In My Life:
1. Dish washer
2. Pizza cook
3. Resident Assistant
4. Apple picker
5. Coffee slinger (aka – the person behind the counter that gets to deal with cranky customers who think their particular cup of coffee is so much more important than the other 5,000 that will get poured that shift)
6. Administrative Assistant
7. Youth Pastor
8. Administrative Guru of Clean Water for Haiti. I also cook, clean, host people and entertain my husband
Places I Have Lived:
1. British Coloumbia (BC)
3. BC again
TV Shows I Like to Watch:
1. LOST (Why, oh why are they making us wait so long??? Jerks.)
2. The Office
3. The Bachelor
4. Americas Next Top Model
5. Gilmore Girls (Don’t we all wish we could be that witty?)
6. What Not To Wear (Luv make over shows!)
Places I’ve Been To:
1. Canada – BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Yukon
2. US – Washington, Oregon, California, Illinois
**Do airports count? If airports count then I need to make a different list ;)
1. Pasta (which sucks when you’re trying to cut out carbs. Bah!)
2. Mom’s turkey dinner
3. Pad Thai
4. Indian food
5. Pizza. My favorite is ham, pineapple, mushrooms, tomatoes, black olives and shrimp with extra cheese.
6. I just love food. I love to cook. I LOVE food with great flavors and like to try out things, especially when I’m cooking. I’m also pretty good about replicating things just from a memory of how it tasted. I think I get way more excited about what I cook than other people do. I also have a hard time cooking exactly from a recipe, with the exception of baking.
Books I’ve Especially Appreciated (Lately):
1. The Poisionwood Bible. This isn’t a “lately” but I LOVE this book.
2. The Dew Breaker. Great book by Edwidge Danticat that weaves a story of several Haitian people’s lives.
3. Secret Thoughts Of An Adoptive Mother
4. So That’s What They’re For! (A great breastfeeding resource that’s actually funny)
5. Blue Like Jazz. Also not a “lately” but will always be one of my favorites.
6. Caring For Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5. Big fat resource book by the American Association of Pediatricians. We haven’t done this before so I’m very thankful for it already.
Things I Enjoy:
1. Those moments when my bed is so incredibly comfortable and everything just feels “right”
2. Watching our dog chase butterflies
3. Seeing how the sun in Haiti casts an amazing light on things
4. Sitting around my parents table in BC just being a family and talking
5. Walking in the snow, especially in the evening when it’s been snowing all day and there’s so much of it that people aren’t really going out and it’s so quiet you can actually hear it fall
6. Christmas morning
7. Camping with my husband and all the silly fun we have
8. A clean house where I can walk on the tile in bare feet and not get ‘gritty’
9. Feeding people. I like cooking a good meal for friends and family
10. Projects. I like to redo things to make them look new or more functional. It’s a challenge and gives me a lot of satisfaction.
I’m tagging Erika, Terri and Theresa.