Just found this BBC video online of a fly-over of Gonaives yesterday. Go HERE to watch.
Update on things this morning:
- The sun is out. The ocean is calmer than it has been in 4 days.
- The Montrouis bridge was watched by police until late last night. Then they went home. Then someone decided to drive over it with a truck. It apparently sunk a few more feet.
- The friends from the orphanage that Chris went to help have three vehicles on the other side of the bridge and we’re able to use them for anything we need so I have a ride to the airport. Phew!
- Olivia slept through the night. She also ate her breakfast. And has been less whiney this morning. Mom and Dad are happy. They were starting to turn into crazy people.
- The doors and windows are all open. The workers are all here. I’m doing laundry. Feels kind of normal. That in itself feels strange after several days of chaos.
- Our workers have gone out into the community to talk to people about the filters. We’re selling them at a “hurricane discount” so those that don’t have them and have little resources can get access to them if needed.
Time to hang my clothes.