- We’re hosting a training class this week. Got all my class materials ready to go. LOVE having a working printer to do that with :o)
- LOVING the new van. This morning Chris asked if there was anywhere we could go drive, just for the sake of driving.
- We finally got our crib that friends were shipping in. It was disappointing. The truck had sat for over 9 months because of shipping issues, and the donated crib had already seen some good years. In the process of sitting it completely fell apart. It’s hard to not be disappointed after anticipating something for so long. The good news is that we called some friends to ask them to ask around and they called back in 5 minutes to say that they had a crib for us that’s in great shape! That was encouraging.
- Owen and Matt have been off on little adventures this weekend. It’s fun to watch them scheming and planning.
- Friday was a holiday here – Dessalines Day. Needless to say we always get excited about three day weekends. I’m glad it fell before the class because we had plenty of time to rest up and relax. While Matt and Owen have been off adventuring our little family has had some time on our own and it’s been good for us. The other night I fell asleep on the couch watching 3:10 to Yuma and eventually went off to bed. I saw the important parts of the movie and haven’t felt that relaxed in a while. It was bliss.
- The downside to holidays is that our neighborhood gets much louder. Usually we’re the only ones out here year round while most of the houses around us sit empty since they’re owned by upper class families. When they come out generators go on all night and music plays all day. That part – not so restful. Also, last night I was woken out of a dead sleep several times by the wake being held in the lakou behind us. It didn’t start until after 10 pm and the sound system was at full blast for several hours. Boo. Again, not so restful.
Well, the last batch of students have just arrived so I need to sign off.