Sometimes life here just feels overwhelming. It kind of goes in spurts. You can be plugging along just fine and then you find yourself in the midst of a bazillion different things and it just feels like it would be more fun to run away.
Here’s the bullet point list of craziness.
- I mentioned we got our container stuff two weeks ago. A couple of really important pieces of equipment for the solar panels are missing and we’re trying to track it all down. These things are hard when you’re not in the same country. Thankfully JESS is helping us out where possible stateside. Thanks Girl!
- Some state side admin stuff needs to be taken care of that we just found out about. Again, hard to do from here, but we’re figuring it out.
- The solar array is nearing completion. The guys are just welding the last pieces on this week. Matt has been helping with that. He and his engineer brain rock. Soon we’ll be able to start mounting panels.
- The building is going great. The bosses asked that we rent the stuff to start working on the roof form work – as in the plywood and jack stands. They’re moving along at a great pace and are doing really well.
- Chris realized yesterday that we missed two support beams in the main part of the apartment, so the bosses had to go backwards a bit and put them in. It wasn’t a big deal and they were able to fix it reasonably fast, just a pain that we didn’t realize it sooner.
- We have two men here on a Vision Trip this week. They’re super easy to host and we’ve had a good time showing them all sorts of interesting things.
- Tomorrow our workers and our visitors will head out to the Artibonite to deliver 40 filters and install them. It’ll be a long day for them, but a very cool experience.
- We’re having some issues with our neighbors. Neighbors that we thought were friends and that we have helped out A LOT in many ways. It involves a speed bump in the driveway coming down to our house, the unwillingness to be honest and make us aware of issues that they might have, lies and the inability to handle things in a productive manner. It’s hurtful and frustrating. We need a lot of wisdom about stuff like this. It’s hard to feel like you can’t even have friends here no matter how hard you try and how much you make the effort. It can flip on you so fast.
- We’re getting ready for Gramma R and Auntie Abby to visit next week. This is VERY exciting.
- Our family is going through some big stuff right now and we’re just processing all of it, but it too is kind of overwhelming.
- I bought a turkey today. That seems silly but it makes me happy because it’s for Christmas. When you find something like that here you have to snatch it up. I keep forgetting that it’s the middle of November. I’m totally lost as far as the calendar goes right now. There are only 5.5 weeks until Christmas.
- Olivia is waiting for two teeth to pop out. That’ll bring her up to 8. She’s been a big snotty mess this week.
We would really love prayer for these things. It just feels like A LOT right now to be juggling. And, you know how it goes, when you’re already trying to balance so many things that’s always the time that other stuff pops up, LIKE A SPEED BUMP IN YOUR DRIVEWAY! Oiye.
And, we do have plans to run away. We’re taking off for the weekend and heading to Jacmel with some friends after we drop our visitors at the airport on Saturday. We figured we would already be halfway there so we might as well keep going. We definitely need this right now. The blog will probably be quiet for the rest of the week and through the weekend as we continue hosting and get ready to head out.
Hope the rest of your week is great,