- Olivia is all better and no longer feeling the need to show us her blind girl skills.
- We’ve got a vehicle on loan from some friends that are out of the country right now. What a treat! Before we got the van we really debated about spending the extra money for AC and then decided that with Chris’ allergies and what not it really was worth it. Life was so much better with AC, as we were reminded this weekend when we drove to see friends.
- Saturday night I started to feel crummy as a cold settled in. I spent all day Sunday in bed and am still feeling not so hot, but am on the better side of things. I’ve never been hit with a cold so fast and hard that it’s left me in bed. Usually I’m up and around and just feeling snotty. Weird.
- Chris also got the cold, though he seems to not have been broadsided as badly as I was.
- We FINALLY got our container shipment. We’ve been waiting for over 10 months for this stuff. Chris was so happy to get it before he left because it meant he could hook up our new solar batteries. These things are HEAVY. There are two boxes of them and each weighs in at about 800 + pounds. The guys had to do some tricky things but they got them in the battery room and all hooked up in record time this morning. It’ll be fun to see how often we need to run the generator now.
- It just started to rain. I love it when the rain moves in and you can tell it’s going to be a good one that lasts for more than a few minutes. Especially when it’s been hot and the rain has been sparse.
- Chris leaves tomorrow AM for his much needed vacation. In true guy style it took him all of about 15 minutes to pack. And, thankfully, the power was back up and running by 8 am this morning so I was still able to do a load of laundry and send him out with clean underwear. That’s always nice. Seriously, with being sick and feeling lousy yesterday you wouldn’t believe how many times I just kept thinking “and he’s not going to have enough clean clothes!” Sigh.