We’re busy little bees here…
- Ron has been here since last Tuesday and we’re enjoying his company and the contribution he’s made to the mission. The sand sorter is working great and frees up 4 guys to do other work that needs to get done, like follow up and education. A good thing.
- We have 3 Vision trippers here and are enjoying them too. Today they went out on deliveries with our workers to Archaie. Just waiting for them to get home so we can eat the Haitian meal Yonese made for us today – Legume bef (a vegetable and beef mix), sos pwa (bean sauce) and rice – YUM!
- We hired a new supervisor to take over for the employee that quit last week. It’s always a bit of an adjustment when you have new people, and this is the first time we’re introducing someone that will be “at the top” that hasn’t worked up there from within. Pray that everyone will adjust well.
- We got a call for an appointment with the Minister of Social Affairs tomorrow at 9am concerning our adoption. I’m feeling anxious about it. It was arranged by the friend of the friend who is trying to help us. We have been assured that it will mean good results, but this is Haiti and words like that mean little to me now. Pray that our nerves would be calmed and that there would in fact be good results. I know it might be unrealistic for me to feel this way, but I feel like getting out of IBESR is our big hurdle right now, and if we can do that then maybe the rest of it will move faster. Probably crazy of me to feel that way.
- Pray for Sara’s parents. They were scheduled to arrive on Saturday, on DELTA, and just found out that Delta hasn’t actually resumed flights yet, just like one of our Vision Trippers found out 48 hours before he was supposed to land. We want Sara’s parents to make their visit in so we’re praying something will come together for them that isn’t a crazy planes, trains and automobiles type plan.
Okay, that’s our nutshell for today. For all you praying types, you know it means a lot to us when you lift us up. Life here is often one bit stress ball.