We’re hours away from taking off into the air and letting our feet leave Canadian soil for another year. At least this time we know we can come back and have a vague idea of when. Not like the indefinite “when we’re done our adoption” phase.
The bags are all packed. I managed to get it all in, and being the packing rock star that I am, each bag weighed in right at it’s 50lb limit. And I wasn’t weighing as I went. That’s what years of packing/flying experience will do. You can just pick it up and think, “This feels pretty close.” And it is. Within a pound usually.
So, it’s all in. Did I mention that we have to take two cars to the airport?? Did I? My dad is working up north and has his truck there, so we’re taking two smaller cars to tote everything. Insanity. And that’s not all of it. And we will repeat this next week when we fly back to Haiti.
We’ve enjoyed our time in Canada. It’s been fun and full…
- In the last year we’ve experienced all four seasons here. That’s been bliss for me.
- We’ve gone pumpkin picking and tobogganing.
- We picked out a Christmas tree and decorated it.
- We saw spring blossoms and the following fruit.
- We got vaccinations updated.
- We had a baby. For free.
- We enjoyed one of BC’s best ski hills while it had no snow.
- We smelled flowers that don’t grow in Haiti.
- We planted a garden.
- Olivia learned how to ride a bike.
- We bbq’d.
- Chris hiked.
- We watched tv.
- We ate peaches.
- We ate cherries.
- We ate insane amounts of strawberries.
- We ate nectarines too.
- Chris learned how to make rhubarb crisp and made one every few days.
- Olivia took swimming lessons.
- Olivia went to school.
- We had play dates.
- We went to the beach and swam in the lake.
- We did a lot of shopping (thus the full bags…).
- We got to see lots of family!
- We got to see lots of friends.
- We slept in.
- We ate even more insane amounts of ice cream. No joke. We’ve never eaten this much ice cream.
- We at corn on the cob.
- We visited tourist traps and enjoyed them.
- We stayed at home and enjoyed each other.
- Olivia played in more parks that we can count.
- She also played in lots of water parks.