- Tomorrow you’re 9 months old. Be still my heart.
- Went from crawling to pulling up to walking along the furniture in about three days. Again, be still my heart. For completely different reasons.
- Can butt dance and rock to the point where the only thing making contact with the floor is the sides of your feet. It’s impressive.
- You went from gagging on chunkier foods to learning that you can pack them into your cheeks. Awesome.
- New squeal developed in the last week or so that is definitely an “I’m not happy about this” squeal. Yeesh. Use your words, kid. Use your words!
- Getting more content to play on your own and adventure around the house. Todays big find was the toilet paper. Mommy’s big find was the toilet paper in your mouth.
- You like to “speed crawl” which really isn’t that fast, but we try not to let on. You think it’s fun.
- You gave yourself a black eye two weeks ago from a minor tumble. It didn’t look like much the day you did it, but the next day? Technicolor Dreamcoat is all I can say.
- Sometimes we can trick you into standing without holding on to anything. We’re so mean like that.
- You’re so bendy now. It’s pretty amazing. I look at your brother and remember when you toddled around, not bendy at all.
- You’re learning to set the table and actually ask to help. We’ll be harnessing these moments.
- Also very actively participating in the Rolling Fight the Lazy Campaign of 2012, though you didn’t actually have a choice in the matter. You don’t seem to mind though, which is refreshing.
- Learning that just blankly staring at someone when they ask you a direct question is disrespectful and will award you with a time out.
- Mauling your brother to the point where he uses the new special squeal will also earn you a time out.
- The biggest, and best – tonight you showed us for the first time that you know how to tie your shoes. And now I’m going to go cry. Partly because I’m so stinkin’ proud of you, and partly because I shouldn’t have a kid old enough to tie her shoes yet. Can I just bottle you or something?